Winter Day Camp
December 21-22, 2015
Ages: Current 1st - 6th grades
Program Time: 9:00am - 3:00pm
Price: $80 per camper/ $70 per Member
Registration Deadline: December 10th
What's included: 12 hours of instructor-led programming, winter break fun with new and old friends!
Creatures of the Night! – Join us as we explore all things nocturnal. Meet some of Georgia’s native night time residents, play exciting games, create cool crafts and enjoy the great outdoors during your winter break.
Register ONLINE here! - complete one form for each camper
Download registration forms here - complete one form for each camper
Download Camper Guidelines here so that your camper is prepared each day!
Cancellation / Refund Policy
All cancellations, refunds or changes must be requested at least 2 weeks before the first day of each session for which you have registered. No refunds will be given less than 2 weeks prior to the first day of the session. Please note that there will be a $10.00 processing fee for all credit card refunds.
Frequently asked questions
1. What will my child do during camp? You will receive a complete and detailed schedule the week prior to the session for which your child is registered. Each 2-day session will include activities like nature hikes, animal encounters, winter exploration activities & nature games related to the camp theme. In addition, each camper will have the opportunity to create spectacular arts & crafts, gobble up some fun winter snacks and meet new friends in the process.
2. Who are the camp staff? Charlee Glenn, CMNC’s Education Program Coordinator, graduated with a degree in biology and chemistry in 2007. After graduation she accepted a position with the Ecological Society of America as the Diversity Programs Coordinator. Longing to work more directly with students and animals, she took a position with the Charlie Elliott Wildlife Center as a Seasonal Education Naturalist. At the end of her term she was offered a position with the Fernbank Museum of Natural History as Programs Educator where she taught for three years before joining the staff of Cochran Mill Nature Center. Charlee plans the curricula for each 2-day session of camp.
Beth Harbin, the Center’s office administrator, will assist Charlee with each session of camp. Beth has worked at the Center for six years and also serves as a substitute teacher in Carroll County.
2. What is the camper: staff ratio? The maximum ratio in camp is 1:12. Space for 24 children is available in each session and 2 staff members dedicated to their care each week. We also have administrators on site for additional assistance and emergencies.
3. What should my child bring to camp? Please be sure to print the camper guidelines and go over them with your child before attending camp. This will ensure that you and your child are completely prepared for and will be comfortable for each day of camp. Basics needed each day include a lunch, backpack, reusable water bottle, comfortable clothing, coat/hat/scarf/gloves & sneakers.
5. Is food provided? Your child will need a lunch each day. Lunches are not refrigerated, so please include a cold pack inside your child’s lunch box. If additional snacks or drink are offered, parents will be notified with allergy concerns.
6. My child will be 6 soon. Can he/she still attend camp? Your child must be in 1st -5th grade to attend Winter Wonders Day Camp. Older children may attend with the understanding that they may be asked to assist.
7. My child will be attending camp with a friend. Will they be together? Yes! Campers may be divided according to grade level for some activities but will likely be together for most or all of winter camp.
7. What if my child gets sick? We ask that you do not send your child to camp for the health and safety of our staff and other campers.
8. How can I reserve a space? A completed registration form, camper health form and payment will guarantee a reserved spot for your child. Due to the small number of spaces available, we cannot ‘hold’ spaces.
9. How can I register? Register online here or in person. We cannot accept registration by phone. The office is available for in-person registrations Monday – Saturday 9:00am – 5:00pm. We cannot hold spaces without payment or completed paperwork.
10. How do I know if a session is full? Please feel free to call (770) 306-0917 for up-to-the-minute information on session availability.
11. What happens if my camp session choice is full? If the session you desire is full, you may choose another available session and/or be placed on a waiting list. In order to be on the waiting list, you must submit a completed registration and health form. Payment will only be expected when a space becomes available and you have been notified.
12. My Family Membership expires before camp. What should I do to ensure that I qualify for the Member rate? Please call (770) 306-0914 to check the status of your Membership. It must be current at the time of your registration to receive the member discount. Membership applications are available online.
13. Do you offer multiple session or 2nd child discounts? Discounts are offered for CMNC Members. Take advantage of a Membership for free Center admission and reduced fees on other exciting programs! Click HERE for details.
14. What if I need to switch to another session after registering? If space is available another session, a change is possible immediately. However, if the session you want to change to is full, your name will be placed on a waiting list. You will be notified as soon as a spot becomes available.
15. What if I need to cancel? All cancellations, refunds or changes must be requested at least 2 weeks before the first day of each session for which you have registered. No refunds will be given less than 2 weeks prior to the first day of the session. Please note that there will be a $10.00 processing fee for all credit card refunds.
16. How do I find your tax ID number for reimbursement purposes? Please request a copy of CMNC’s W9 at the time of registration or call (770) 306-0914 and a copy can be mailed or e-mailed to you.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please call (770) 306-0914 Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm.
Cochran Mill Nature Center
6300 Cochran Mill Road Chattahoochee Hills, GA 30268
Phone: (770)306-0914 Email: email@example.com